RE/MAX’s “Fit to Sell” series offers home tips and strategies for home sellers. As part of this series of posts on getting your home ready to sell, I’ll be highlighting the best checklists and ideas you can find in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document available here.
Air quality, odor, pets and holiday festivities can have a huge impact on a homebuyer’s perception of your home
Air Quality / Odor / Pets / Holidays: Things to Think About
- What year was your house built?
- Have you had any water issues?
- Check for mold or mildew
- Inspect your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace if needed
- Avoid cooking with food and strong seasonings that have a lingering smell
- Remove your pets while the house is on the market
- Remove any signs of the pets (e.g food and water bowls, toys, litter box, leashes)
- If your pets must stay in the house, hide any sign of your pet during showings
- Keep the litter box out of sight and cleaned daily
- What time of year are you selling?
- Are there going to be any holidays during that time?
- Decorate using items that are simple and nondenominational
- Any holiday specific decorations need to be removed immediately after the celebrations
Find more ideas and information on preparing your home for sale in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document.