RE/MAX’s “Fit to Sell” series offers home tips and strategies for home sellers. As part of this series of posts on getting your home ready to sell, I’ll be highlighting the best checklists and ideas you can find in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document available here.
By turning your family home into a model home, you allow buyers to “see” themselves in your home, increasing the odds of an offer.
Depersonalizing: Things to Think About
- Remove all personal and family photos
- Remove all memorabilia
- Pre-pack books and music that do not appeal to a wide range of buyers
- Pre-pack your collections
- Remove and pre-pack any items that could be potentially offensive or disagreeable
- Store away and organize any children’s toys, games and books
Find more ideas and information on preparing your home for sale in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document.