RE/MAX’s “Fit to Sell” series offers home tips and strategies for home sellers. As part of this series of posts on getting your home ready to sell, I’ll be highlighting the best checklists and ideas you can find in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document available here.
Buyers want a home they can move right into. Homes with bright or unusual wall colors could be a huge turnoff to potential homebuyers. A new coat of paint in neutral, restful colors can give rooms a fresh and inviting look.
Paint & Wallpaper: Things to Think About
- When was the last time you painted your house?
- Do your walls need to be painted a neutral color?
- If they are already neutral do they need a fresh coat or paint?
- Determine whether or not your fresh has a warm tone or cool tone before selecting your paint color
- Do you have wallpaper?
- Remove all wallpaper and paint a neutral color
- Do your doors and trim need a fresh coat of paint?
- Repair any holes or cracks in the walls and ceilings
- Put a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling to give the entire room a clean look
Find more ideas and information on preparing your home for sale in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document.