RE/MAX’s “Fit to Sell” series offers home tips and strategies for home sellers. As part of this series of posts on getting your home ready to sell, I’ll be highlighting the best checklists and ideas you can find in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document available here.
The condition of the flooring in a home is a strong indicator to potential of how well the home has been cared for over the years. Updating the flooring in your home can increase its attractiveness to home buyers.
Flooring: Things to Think About
- What condition is your carpet in?
- What color is the carpet?
- What style is your carpet?
- Take into consideration the rooms you are carpeting, as this will help determine what style to select.
- If you need to replace your carpet, do you need to re-do every room? If not, select something that will work with the rest of the carpet in your house.
- What style of vinyl flooring do you have?
- Does it need to be replaced?
- Do you have hardwood?
- Does it need refinished?
- Do you have hardwood under your carpet?
Find more ideas and information on preparing your home for sale in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document.