RE/MAX’s “Fit to Sell” series offers home tips and strategies for home sellers. As part of this series of posts on getting your home ready to sell, I’ll be outlining some of the best checklists and ideas you can find in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document available here.
Clutter is one of the top 5 turn-offs for home buyers, so pre-packing and decluttering your home can help your home have a competitive edge in the real estate market.
Decluttering: Things to Think About
- Does each room in your house feel spacious?
- Is your house clean from top to bottom?
- Pre-pack all items that you do not need while selling your house
- Pre-pack off-season clothing and items
- Decide where you can store your boxes and extra items
- How does your garage look?
- If your basement is unfinished and used for storage, how does it look?
More ideas and information on preparing your home for sale can be found in the RE/MAX Checklist for Home Sellers document.