Now that we’ve emerged from the Artic weather, take a walk outside and look at your home. One of the first showings your home will have is the drive-by showing. Buyers often make judgements about whether a home fits their criteria by what they see driving by or in photos online. Curb appeal, even in winter, can have an important impact on whether or not buyers will choose to look closer at your home or move on.
Make sure your home makes a good first impression and encourages buyers to want to see the inside of your home. Here are some ideas to spruce up the curb appeal of your home:
- Make a list of repairs or improvements that need done.
- Take down holiday decorations to focus attention on the house.
- Add winter arrangements to your front porch or in front of your garage to give your home a cared-for look.
- Keep sidewalks, porch and driveways shoveled and salted at all times.
- Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
- Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
For more ideas on getting your home ready to sell, check out the RE/MAX Fit to Sell series or the Checklist for Home Sellers. Or, simply give me a call at 419-619-5002 and I would be happy to help you get your home ready to sell!